Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Re-launch

Hello there! Hi!

It's been over 2 years since this blog has been up and running and it's about time for a re-launch. What better time than January 2nd, amiright?

Moving forward this blog will be a bit different from how it has looked previously (which was mostly whatever I was thinking/processing in the moment). It was good but I have some different ideas to take it in a bit of a different, more structured direction.

Last year, I was given the opportunity to go through a leadership training with my pastor and some phenomenal women of my church. It was incredibly challenging and I wasn't sure I'd make it through everything, but it was such a joy to learn more about God, his Word, and his church. What I found was that in studying the Word in order to teach it to others, my relationship with God deepened in ways I didn't anticipate. My goal is to use this blog as a tool, first and foremost to bring glory to God and, I hope and pray, to edify the church in whatever way God would see fit to do so through me.

So! I will be studying through Hebrews and will be posting what I have learned through God's Word here, starting with Hebrews 1 (studying currently underway). Why Hebrews? My initial response is to say that I don't know, it just came to me, which is mostly true. But also, Hebrews is so clear about who Jesus is, what his role is, and what that means for us. I'm so excited to understand that better and hope that it is helpful to others as I do.

All that to say, welcome, I guess, to the new Bind My Wandering Heart to Thee. I believe that God's Word is his most clear revelation of himself to us, and will do the good work of binding our wandering hearts to him. His Word does not return void and I am confident in that. Thanks for reading this far and happy new year!!!

For just as rain and snow fall from heaven and do not return there without saturating the earth and making it germinate and sprout, and providing seed to sow and food to eat, so my word that comes from my mouth will not return to me empty, but it will accomplish what I please and will prosper in what I send it do.
Isaiah 55:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment